We all have those days.
Things go wrong left and right. It’s like the universe is trying to get on your nerves!
We all have those days. But, there are ways to make it better.
- Get off social media: People generally only post their highlight reel. Seeing a picture of someone’s perfect brunch in the Hamptons isn’t going to make your awful day of flat tires and broken printers better. And no, finstas won’t help you out much, either. Log off.
- Plan some “me time”: Set aside time at the end of your day, after work or school, to relax and get away from your problems for a little bit. Have some alone time in your own room where nothing can get on your nerves, and do whatever it takes to unwind. Read a book, watch Netflix, drink tea, do some yoga…select an activity that can’t possibly stress you out.
- Don’t wallow: Spreading your misery around isn’t doing anyone any favors. Try your best to keep your bad mood at bay. Keep a positive attitude and you might feel better, too.
- Look at old pictures that make you happy: Whenever I’m having a bad day, I scroll through my camera roll to see my good memories and sometimes it helps me smile. Keep a folder of funny pictures, quotes, and memes on your phone for a good laugh.
- Tomorrow is another day: Like my mom always says, “tomorrow is another day.” There’s always a new start on the horizon, so if today sucked, there is always tomorrow.