Anyone else feeling super stressed out this week? Now that school is underway and the workload is becoming steady, I feel like I have tons of tests, due dates, and grades to worry about. Luckily, I picked up some tricks last year to help ease school-related stress. Here are my five favorite ways to de-stress:
- Exercise: Sometimes going to the gym and blowing off some steam is the best way to combat stress. I recommend cardio and boxing.
- Take breaks: Give yourself time to watch Netflix, prepare dinner, work out, and generally just do things unrelated to school. Sitting in front of your homework for hours on end will not do you any favors if you’re not giving yourself a rest in between.
- Meditation apps: I use the Relax Lite app for “deep breathing,” because I never found “taking three deep breaths” effective until I tried this out. It measures out your breaths and keeps track for you, so you just follow the instructions.
- Make lists: Writing down all of your tasks and crossing them off your list can be rewarding and soothing. It also makes your workload seem like less when it’s written down instead of up in your head.
- Pamper yourself: Take some time to paint your nails, do a face mask, drink tea, and practice elements of self-care. They make a difference in the long run.
Those are all my tips for today, but I am definitely thinking about writing another post like this one soon. I hope you enjoyed!
Thanks for reading!
Facebook: Heavenlee Penny’s