I decided to write a post all about how I do my makeup super quickly in the morning. This post will feature a lot of the products I’ve mentioned in my previous Beauty posts, so make sure to click on the link if you want to read in-depth reviews of these products.
I tend to stick to the basics and focus on my face makeup to make myself appear more awake. If you’ve ever heard “You look tired” when you don’t wear makeup, I know how that feels and it sucks. So, here is my super-fast routine:
- Face base: I use the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base first, after going through My Skincare Routine. This acts as a really moisturizing primer- I found it at a makeup outlet store, so it was cheaper than at a regular makeup store.
3. Foundation: Next, I apply my Origins CC Cream or my Rimmel Match Perfection foundation, depending on how much coverage I want. The CC cream is a little more light and sheer, and the Rimmel foundation gives more coverage. It depends on what I am in the mood for that day. I apply my liquid makeup with a sponge from Real Techniques. Sometimes I run the sponge under water to dampen it first.
4. Powder: I use a totally random powder from CoverGirl that I got on clearance a while ago. It is just a light, matte setting powder. I apply it with a kabuki brush from Bare Minerals.
5. Highlight: Instead of applying bronzer, blush, and a highlighter, I cheat by just applying this pink highlighter from the Carli Bybel palette. To me, it combines three steps into one. It adds a pinkish glow, while still being subtle and emphasizing my natural bone structure. I apply this with a blush brush from Ulta.
6. Eyes: I quickly comb out my eyebrows with a small brush, and then I curl my eyelashes and apply the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara.
7. Lips: I use a lip balm from EOS so that I don’t have to worry about reapplying a lip color during school.
8. Setting spray: Once my mascara has dried, I set my makeup with the Urban Decay setting spray.
This entire makeup routine takes me around five minutes to do every morning. I don’t fuss around with blushes and eyeshadows when I know I’m in a rush, so this routine is perfect for school, work, and early mornings.
I hope you enjoyed this post! What are your makeup hacks? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading!
Facebook: Heavenlee Penny’s