Happy Friday cuties!
Remember when I said that we need endings in order to have new beginnings? Well, today I am going to give you some advice on how to put those endings behind you and start again. Life is so cyclical and it’s all about learning from your mistakes and enjoying the little things. Sometimes, certain events take a large emotional toll, and we need time to process it and learn valuable lessons. Maybe it’s the end of a relationship, the loss of a loved one, or a change in future plans. No matter what, everyone goes through these things, and everyone deals with pain in different ways.
Here are some tips to help you heal your heart:
- Allow yourself to be upset: Cry. Scream. Punch a pillow. Write an angry letter and then throw it away. Sadness is natural, and it’s better to accept it initially than to bottle it up and break down later.
- Closure: This is why we have funerals, breakup songs, and vent sessions with our friends. Memorialize whatever it is you’re trying to leave behind, so that you can literally close the door on it and move on.
- Expression: Paint, sing, write, dance. Artistic expression is therapeutic, and the emotions you’re feeling can translate into beautiful artwork.
- Smile: Now it’s time to get out and have fun. Rally some of your best friends and have a night out. Allow yourself to laugh; to feel free from this sad event and be happy!
- Reflect: What did you learn? What lessons do you know now that you didn’t before? Take this opportunity to collect some wisdom that can translate into other aspects of your life.
I hope this was helpful! Always remember that you are never alone, and everyone knows what it’s like to go through tough times. You are strong and you will be just fine! 🙂
Thanks for reading! Cheers to the weekend! 🙂
Image: iPhone 6s. © 2017 Grace Carter/Heavenleepennys.com. All rights reserved.
Facebook: Heavenlee Penny’s