Happy weekend, my beautiful friends!
I realized today how important self love is. I realized that times change, but you need to advocate for yourself and do what is right for your mind and body. I know it can be hard- believe me, I am wound tight most of the time and I am usually so full of nerves and anxiety that I know I’m bound to pop. But taking the time to relax, open your soul up to a fresh start, and allowing yourself to see the world more clearly makes the biggest difference.
Here are some tips to practice self love:
- Little things: Pay attention to the small things that make you happy. Anything that someone else can do for you, you can do for yourself. For example, if you love when someone buys you flowers, buy yourself flowers! Once you realize that you have the power to make your day a little bit better, you will be inclined to do more. Treat yourself like you would someone you love. Don’t treat yourself like a machine. You have feelings. You need rest. You need love. And the one person you can always trust to love you no matter what is yourself!
- Journal: Journaling can be very therapeutic and a great way to chronicle your thoughts. Whether it’s diary entries, poetry, or even just doodling, sometimes putting what’s in your mind on paper can help you see the world much more clearly.
- Surround yourself with positivity: Surround yourself with people and places that make you happy. Call your friends who make you smile, and go to your favorite spot in town every once in a while. Even just brightening up your home with pictures and plants can influence your mood and help you feel happier!
- Take your time: Stop rushing through everything and enjoy the moment. Notice your feelings before you analyze them. Learn to accept what you cannot change and embrace chaos. Slow down for a minute. Take some breaths and smile.
- Open your mind: Be open to change. Stop planning every aspect of your life and learn to go with the flow. Most of the time, change isn’t as bad as we make it out to be- we just get annoyed because it’s not on our calendar. Ease up on your control and let the universe take over every now and then.
I hope you enjoyed this post! Have any comments for loving yourself and staying positive? Leave a comment! 🙂
Thanks for reading!
Image: Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur. iPhone 6s. © 2017 Grace Carter/Heavenleepennys.com. All rights reserved.
Facebook: Heavenlee Penny’s