Remember when you were a kid and trick-or-treating was one of the highlights of your year? Remember stumbling through the door and pouring out your pillowcase of sweets to survey your bounty? Remember the cold, itchy costumes in the heart of Sweater Weather? Me, too. However, I’m seventeen now and can’t say I’ve been trick-or-treating in a fat minute. Luckily, there are plenty of other fun ways to spend the holiday. Here are some ideas!
- Movie night: Gather your friends for a scary movie night! Or, if you prefer Charlie Brown, like me, go for it!
2. Pass out candy: Someone’s gotta do it! Dress up in a costume and hand out candy to all the trick-or-treaters.
3. Carve pumpkins: Jack-o-lanterns are a Halloween necessity. Bust out your carving knives and get to sculpting the perfect pumpkin masterpiece!
4. Eat yourself sick with candy: The one day of the year it’s completely acceptable to gorge yourself with candy- I say go for it. Comment down below what your favorite Halloween candy is! 🙂 To be honest, I can’t choose a favorite…Kit Kats and Milky Ways and Reese’s cups, oh my!
5. Haunted house: Haunted houses can be fun, even if you’re a scaredy-cat, like me. Bring a friend to hold your hand (or be your human shield from all the phantoms and ghosts!)
6. Costume party: I think costume parties are hilarious, because I love when people get creative and go as something funny. There’s nothing like a good ‘punny’ Halloween costume!
Those are all my ideas! I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday!