I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what I would change if I could go back in time. Everyone has made their fair share of mistakes, and there are definitely some of mine that I would change. So, here is the advice that I would give my younger self:
- Put yourself first: When it comes to relationships, don’t be afraid to be choosy. Always make sure that you are secure enough in yourself before you commit to someone else.
- Don’t panic: It took me a while to learn that I wasn’t the only person in the world who had stress. There are plenty of ways to handle your to-do list without flipping out. Like I said, it took me years before I learned to practice this advice.
- Take your time: Life is not a race. Taking the time to do things right is better than speeding through and not looking back. It’s hard to be patient, but patience pays off.
- Ask for what you want: If you want something, ask for it. You’ll never know if you don’t try. Being able to communicate exactly what you need effectively is a tremendously useful life skill.
- Live in the moment: Appreciate what is going on around you. Don’t get too lost in your own thoughts that you miss the big picture.
- Your relationship with yourself is the most important: Always love yourself. Then, no matter what anyone says about you, there’s always someone on your team, someone you can count on.
That’s all for today! What advice would you give your younger self? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading! Have a great weekend!