Hello, my lovely loves!
Here in the States, Thanksgiving is coming up in a few short days. That means lots of things; fall break, seeing family, delicious food, and the end of people raining on the Christmas parade by whining that “it’s not even Thanksgiving yet!” Regardless of whether you celebrate Thanksgiving, here are some essentials to make the holiday (or just this Thursday) amazing!
- Yams: I love yams. You could literally pickle a sweet potato in mud and it would still taste good. (That’s a joke. Don’t do that.) Traditionally, people use yams to make sweet dishes, like candied yams or pie, but I prefer savory sweet potatoes with herbs and spices. You just can’t go wrong with a good yam.
- Pumpkin: Another vitamin-rich orange food deserves its spot at the table: pumpkin. And I’m not just talking pumpkin pie. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin lattes, whatever it may be, take advantage of this annual treasure before it’s officially snowman season.
- A Kick-Ass Centerpiece: The perfect centerpiece is below eye level, so that dinner guests can still converse and maintain eye contact. Get a little festive and creative with pumpkins, pine, and candles and your table will be fit for an HGTV magazine in no time!
- Good Salad Dressing: I’m telling you- an amazing salad dressing could save the world. And, you can make it yourself- by mixing oil, vinegar, and Italian seasonings, you can make a delicious dressing in your own kitchen.
- A List of Things You’re Thankful For: Let’s take a minute to remember what this holiday is about; counting our blessings and celebrating our good fortune. Compile a list of what you’re truly thankful for this season to commemorate all the good that’s come of the year.
I hope this post was helpful for my American readers out there; and if you’re from another country, hopefully this post still serves some inspiration for your fall season. 🙂
Thanks for reading!