Hello, my dears!
The temperatures have been in the single digits (Fahrenheit) here in Cleveland, and I have had enough of it. But I’m no stranger to the snow, so I have a lot of advice for you guys on how to survive the rest of the winter, because it’s not ending any time soon!
- Waterproof Everything: Waterproof boots, gloves, coats, you name it, waterproof clothing will ensure you don’t turn into a popsicle when the snow gets to you.
- Plan for the Weather: Plan your errands around the weather- don’t go for gas or walk around an outdoor mall when there’s a storm coming. Sounds simple, but it helps a lot if you plan your days around what the sky is doing.
- Just Stay In: If it’s snowing really badly, don’t risk your life for a stupid errand. Just stay home.
- Keep Lotion and Chapstick Everywhere: The cold air will have your skin cracking like glass. Keep hand cream and a lip balm everywhere so you don’t get crusty!
- Have Fun with the Layers: The one time of the year when you can wear a sweater AND a jacket AND a scarf AND maybe even a vest if you’re feeling adventurous. Staying warm doesn’t have to mean sacrificing style.
- Warm Up: Lately, when I come home I feel like I’ve gone completely numb. So seek out all the fires, warm baths, saunas, heated blankets, Jacuzzis, you name it! Try to enjoy the winter a little bit. It’s a good excuse to use up your bath bombs.
- Stay Indoors: You can still do fun things, but when it’s extremely cold, it’s favorable to be inside. Going to a museum, shopping in a mall, or even ice skating is really fun this time of year.
And those are all my tips! Living in a cold climate can be pretty taxing, but there are a lot of ways to make it a little less terrible.
Thanks for reading.