Today’s post is all about where to find ideas for your blog content. I know sometimes it can be hard coming up with ideas all the time! Enjoy.
- Your city: Go for a walk in a new part of town and just take some pictures. Sometimes, my pictures actually inspire the post.
- Magazines: Read magazines that pertain to your blog theme to freshen up your perspective. It’s a great way to see what is popular in the public opinion.
- Your friends: I take so much inspiration from my friends; for example, one time some friends asked me about what fun date ideas were, so I wrote a blog post on it. Or, if one of your friends has the flu, you can write a “Sick Day Essentials” post.
- Your life: Had a crappy day? Write about it. Learned something new? Write about it. Found a new lipstick you love? You know what to do…writing about anything is better than nothing! Someone will find it interesting.
- The seasons: Holiday-inspired posts are always a good idea. So take a look at the calendar and see what events are coming up; you can write about common holidays, like Christmas and Valentine’s Day, and you can also take inspiration from some of the more obscure ones!
- What makes you happy: Make a list of your favorite things that make you feel the happiest; chances are, you’ll be the most passionate about those topics, which will make for better content! For example, if you love running, you can write a post about the best running shoes, best trail destinations, etc.
- Your stats: Blogging is not about numbers; however, using your analytics to gauge which posts were the most popular will give you an idea of what you should write about next.
- Write about being stuck: When in doubt…this post actually came from the fact that I wasn’t really sure what to write about today. So I wrote about where to find ideas when you’re really struggling to be creative. Sometimes, you have to turn nothing into something!
I hope these ideas helped you guys! Inspiration always comes in due time- promise!
Thanks for reading.