Today’s post is all about products I regret buying. I think these posts can be just as helpful as favorites posts because then you know what products not to waste your hard-earned cash on!
- YSL Black Opium Perfume: I received this as a Christmas gift because it was on my wish list this year. I was so excited to try it out, but it gave me a nasty rash on my wrists and neck. If you have sensitive skin, steer clear of this perfume! The smell is not worth the itchy rash. I was so disappointed! 🙁
- NYX Liquid Illuminator: I bought this to wear under my foundation, but it doesn’t show up very well and the texture is a bit greasy. I would stick to powder highlighters instead of using this one.
- Benefit Boi-ing Concealer: I mentioned this product back when I first purchased it over the summer, but over time, the remaining product dried up and got crusty in the container. There was still a good amount left and it wasn’t due to expire yet. I think there are better options!
- Elf Concealer: Another product I mentioned when I first bought it, this concealer just doesn’t blend in well under my eyes or with my foundation.
- Freeman Beauty Cucumber Peel-Off Mask: This mask taught me an important lesson: I hate peel-off masks. This one would never dry in certain areas even if I gave it plenty of time to sit, so washing it off was unpleasant. I recommend the Origins Rose Clay mask over this one.
Those are my five least favorite products of 2017- which means I am definitely still in the market for a new concealer. Comment your suggestions!
When it comes to makeup, sometimes you purchase a product that just doesn’t work out- your skin reacts badly, the color doesn’t show up right, the foundation doesn’t match your skin…you know how it is. And unfortunately, you can’t usually just return makeup to the store as easily as you can clothes. It’s a buy-and-try business, and sometimes, you’re going to have a few duds. But it happens to all of us, so the best thing to do is pick yourself up and continue your search for the perfect product.
I hope this post was helpful for you guys- thanks for reading!