Hello, my dears!
I’ve been wanting to write more personal posts lately, as I’m becoming more comfortable opening up to an audience. And so I thought I would share some of my past and present habits that maybe aren’t the best. I know a lot of my posts are centered around advice, but a lot of the time, having that wisdom means I’ve screwed up before and learned from it.
So, here are ten habits that might wreck you, but it’s okay because you can let them go!
- Comparing Yourself: I know, I know, you’ve heard this one before, but I swear to you. When you stop looking at other women and thinking “GOALS!” and start focusing on YOURSELF and what YOU want, you’re going to find more success and less self-loathing. Everyone comes from a different walk of life, and one day when you achieve one of your unique goals, you’ll be glad you stopped comparing yourself to Jane Doe.
- Throwing Yourself at Guys: It’s soooooo easy to throw yourself at someone when there is such an abundance of communication methods nowadays. “Oh, maybe I’ll send him a quick text, maybe a cute snap”…and if he’s reciprocating, that’s wonderful! But if you constantly find yourself to be the only one reaching out, just remember- dignity. If he’s not giving you the attention you deserve, then stop giving so much to him.
- Blaming Yourself for Heartbreak: A lot of the time after a breakup, we beat up on ourselves, going over everything we should have done differently, but if it didn’t work out, he wasn’t the right one. And sometimes that’s just the problem: it didn’t work out. Don’t blame yourself for that- if it’s not a match, it’s not a match.
- Working Out for Looks/As a Punishment: I used to have such an unhealthy mindset when it came to exercise: I was constantly worried about how it made me look, and how many calories I needed to compensate for at the gym. This behavior defeats the entire purpose of exercise, which is to help you feel good. Work out because you want to; do exercise that you can look forward to during the day.
- Going on Social Media When You’re Sad: If you’re having a bad day, just stop looking at your phone. Posting something passive-aggressive, texting an ex, or looking at pictures of your friends having a good time without you isn’t going to put you in a good mood. Take a walk or God forbid, read a book, and give yourself time to wind down before checking your socials and getting riled up again.
And those are my five bad habits that I’m happily leaving in my past. I’m not ashamed to have done all of these things in some way or another during my life, and you shouldn’t be, either. It takes a few wrongs to finally get it right!
Thanks for reading! 🙂