Hello, my dears!
Today, I am sharing some tips to stay emotionally strong. I know that sometimes it’s hard to “keep it together,” so to speak. And you don’t always have to. But maintaining composure is important in certain situations, so sometimes it’s best to take some breaths and handle it.
Here’s my advice:
- Put It Into Perspective: First, think about how much the problem really matters in the big picture. Will it affect you ten days from now? Or ten weeks? How about ten months? Ten years? You get the idea. Sometimes what seems like a mountain is actually a molehill.
- Stop and Breathe: Imagine you’ve just received bad news, or something frightening has just happened to you. When you’re hit by something that’s traumatic or upsetting, it’s very easy to react. But in my experience, it’s better to just excuse yourself and take a few breaths alone.
- Write About It: Keep a journal (or a blog, if you want to overshare your personal life with the Internet, like me) and when you’re feeling low, just start writing. Or doodling. Or making lists. Sometimes, putting a pen to paper is all you need to slow down.
- Tame Your Jealousy: You’re never going to feel emotionally fulfilled and content if you’re constantly comparing yourself to others. If you’re insecure, you’re taking away from your own productivity. Let other people do their thing and you can do yours.
- Let ‘Em Go: Don’t keep a toxic person around because you feel like you have to. Sometimes, you need to move on in order to grow yourself.
- Be Courageous: Start saying yes more.
- Be Vulnerable: The strongest thing you can do is share your feelings with others! Verbal communication is an integral part of keeping your emotions in check.
- Creative Outlets: Exposing how you feel through something you love will help you recognize your emotional patterns and decide what types of hobbies and experiences you’re drawn to!
- Stop Caring What Others Think: You know what’s really going to set you back? Worrying about what other people think about you. If every decision you make is dominated by the fear of being judged, you’re never going to accomplish your biggest goals. So what’s it going to be- fear of a little embarrassment or flaming success?
- Find the Good: Because “every day may not be good, but there’s something good in every day.”
Those are all my tips for today! I hope this post helped and inspired you all. 🙂
Thanks for reading!