Are you in college?
Are you also broke?
Here are some inexpensive gift ideas for you!
- Give an experience: I know this is trendy, so I had to include it. Rather than buying a material gift, consider giving an experience. You could give someone tickets to a local event, a movie pass…the possibilities are literally endless, and you can set the limits on how much you want to spend.
- Make chocolate/candy: A cheap and fun way to produce a lot of gifts is to buy some molds and melting chocolate. Chocolates are easy to make at home and are another ‘consumable’ gift- meaning it won’t sit in someone’s closet and collect dust before it makes its way to the landfill!
- Potted plants: If you know someone who loves a little greenery, consider giving a plant. You can find small plants at most grocery stores for under $20. It’s something they can hold onto for a long time and every time they look at it, they’ll think of you!
- Christmas ornaments: You can make them yourself or find them for pretty low prices. If you find something that’s unique and reminds you of the person you’re getting it for, they can use it year after year on their tree.
- Winter gear: Since it’s in season, most stores offer things like hats, mittens, and scarves at this time of year for a good price. If you go somewhere like Target, there will be a lot of affordable options to choose from- and they will get a lot of use in a cold climate!
I hope you guys liked these ideas! Good luck, spend wisely, and merry Christmas! 🙂