Summer- it’s finally here! Even if you have a summer job, there are plenty of ways to unwind during your summer vacation. Here are some of my favorites:
- Read! Read something that isn’t for school for once. Read something you will actually enjoy. Anyone who loves reading knows it is a very relaxing and enriching activity.
- Work out! Even just a short jog or some stretching in the morning is a great use of your time this summer. Getting into better shape is a great way to end the school year!
- DIY projects! Find a way to put all the random junk you have cluttering up your house to use. For example, if you have an old porch screen, scan Pinterest and see if there is a creative way to up-cycle it!
- Meet up with friends! Catch up with everyone you haven’t seen in a while. Everyone knows talking with a good friend can go on for hours!
- Have a bonfire! Bonfires are one of the highlights of summer! All you need is some matches, bug spray, and an awesome group of people!
- Go to a park! Going on hikes is an excellent pastime and a great way to enjoy a nice day.
- Take pictures and make a scrapbook! Having printed pictures is so much better than a camera roll. Make a collection of all your photos and add dates and captions to remember your fun summer times.
- Go to the beach or a lake! Is it really summer without a beach day? Take an afternoon off, pack up the beach towels and hit the road!
- Have a picnic! Picnics are a fun and romantic way to get out of the house for a nice date but still save money. Eating out adds up quickly, and you can make healthier snacks to take with you in your picnic basket!
- Go stargazing! Adding on to the date theme, going stargazing with a friend or loved one is a perfect way to spend a summer night!
Which one of these ten activities will you be doing this summer?