I am an Ohio fanatic. I love my lakefront state and I am grateful to call it my home. Here are my favorite destinations in Ohio that truly make it rock:
- Lake Erie: There is nothing that makes me feel more relaxed than the wind blowing in my hair and the smell of the sand and water. If I am ever feeling down, Lake Erie is the cure.
- Downtown Kent: This quaint college town has the Cuyahoga River and Insomnia Cookies, plus an endless amount of hidden alleys and trendy places to go and explore. I love spending my days here.
- Metroparks: I love going on hikes, and lucky for me I can visit a new one whenever I want in northeast Ohio. There is so much natural beauty and land in addition to our urban cityscape, which makes this part of the state really special.
- University Circle: If you have one day to spend in Cleveland, go here. In one square mile, you can see the Cleveland Museum of Art, the Cleveland Museum of Contemporary Art, the Cleveland Botanical Gardens, the Museum of Natural History, the medical museum, Severance Hall, Little Italy, and any type of cultural restaurant, yoga studio, or pastry shop you can imagine. The Circle has it all.
- The Cavaliers: We have LeBron. We have a title. We are The Land. Being a Clevelander during the finals is an experience I will never forget. #Believeland
- Chagrin Falls: A slightly more old-fashioned Downtown Kent, Chagrin Falls is home to a beautiful strip of shops, diners, and of course, the famous waterfall. It is a perfect destination for both a romantic date and a walk in the park with your dog.
- Coventry: Just down the road from Little Italy, Coventry is the most hip, trendy street in Cleveland. The people-watching is on point, and you can do everything from eat gluten-free to play an escape-room game. Pretty lit.
- Downtown Cleveland: If you have never passed through East 4th street on the night of an Indians game or a big concert at the Q Arena, you haven’t seen Cleveland at its finest. And if you’re not into the night scene, like me, you can visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the science museum, or another Insomnia Cookies location during the day.
- The West Side: Some of the quirkiest surrounds of this city are the Ohio City and Tremont neighborhoods, west of downtown. Between the West Side Market, a Mitchell’s factory store, and Ohio City Burritos, you can eat anything and everything under the sun. Seriously. If you’re looking for a dragon fruit, this is the place to find it. And, I’ll let you in on a secret: tucked behind a delicious restaurant with an extensive menu, Town Hall, there is a glass-blowing workshop where Morty the Rooster lives. Morty has his own Instagram account, and you can meet him and pick him up if you visit the shop. Makes for a great Instagram picture and a great story.
- The suburbs: I love my Cleveland suburbs. My small town is safe, comfortable, and friendly, and it is that type of atmosphere that makes you never want to leave.
What’s your favorite way to spend a day in Cleveland?
Featured Image: Taken at Shoreby Club, Bratenahl, Ohio, captured by Grace Carter on a Canon Rebel T5 camera.