A little over a month ago, I made a list of seventeen things on the morning of my birthday- important things that I learned before that day began. So, here are seventeen things I learned before I turned seventeen:
- You need to be there for yourself in case you’re in a situation where no one else is.
- No wise person underestimates the value of hard work.
- Don’t lose the forest in the trees.
- Always kill ’em with kindness.
- It is never too late to improve a relationship with someone.
- Sometimes, the best thing you can do is go to bed.
- Have enough respect for yourself to recognize when and where you are not valued.
- There is nothing wrong with being alone sometimes.
- Counting calories is a waste of time.
- Don’t blame yourself when others want to blame you.
- Stop waiting for the perfect moment.
- Stop when you get tired.
- Taste your words before you spit them out.
- Accept your weaknesses and embrace your strengths.
- Don’t make decisions, let decisions make you.
- Age does not equal maturity.
- Enjoying your life is nothing to be ashamed of.
Seventeen lessons later…maybe I will make another list like this next year when I turn eighteen!
Thanks for reading. xx
Featured Image: Taken by my dad at Taco Tontos restaurant in Kent, Ohio on an iPhone 6s.