Now that I am back to the grind, I thought I would compile some tricks for getting ready quickly and efficiently in the mornings. I have had my routine down to a science for years. I count my minutes like an algorithm. Morning routines are my Olympics. So, here are some simple tips so that you can hit snooze:
- Wash your hair at night
- Lay out your clothes the night before
- Pack your lunch the night before
- Pack your book bag/purse the night before and store everything else you need to bring to work/school (lunch, shoes, laptop, keys, etc.) in a bin with it for easy access when you’re running out the door.
- Stick to makeup basics: Find a routine that takes 5-10 minutes, is easy to do, and makes you appear more awake if you’re tired like me!
- Find a signature piece: A scarf, a hat, a necklace, or a great pair of shoes can elevate your basic outfit and make it appear more stylish. My personal favorites are a sweater, leggings and boots layered with a vest, or jeans and a t-shirt with a choker necklace and sneakers.
- Plan for disaster: Budget yourself a few extra minutes for traffic, your contact lens breaking, sleeping through your alarm, anything that might go wrong and throw off your whole day. If you allow yourself some cushion time, these time wasters might not seem as bad.
- Don’t stay in bed on social media: When your alarm goes off, get up right away. On weekends I’ll stay in bed on my phone, but during the week I like to get up right away so that I don’t have to rush.
- Find an easy hairstyle: Throw your hair into a messy ponytail, bun, or braid, or just slick in some styling mousse for a tousled bedhead look. So much easier than hot tools!
- Use a fast, healthy breakfast recipe: There are lots of recipes you can make overnight (overnight oats, for example) and take to-go. Toast, bagels, granola bars, and cereal are much faster eats than a full breakfast of eggs and bacon, which takes time to prepare.
I hope this list was helpful! Let me know if you guys have any tips for getting ready fast in the mornings! 🙂
Thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This post is not intended to discourage waking up early. If you like to wake up early so that you can take your time to get ready, all power to you. And if you’re lucky enough that you don’t need to wake up super early, I am certainly jealous! This post is targeted toward students who have a busy schedule and want to sleep in an extra few minutes each morning. It makes a difference! 🙂
Facebook: Heavenlee Penny’s