Hello my cuties,
It’s that time of the year when everyone is stressed out. Midterm exams are hot on our heels, but there’s only a few weeks left until winter break. One of the most important components to help you do well on your exams is staying calm. That’s a lot easier said than done, but keeping a level head will save you a lot of drama and stress breakouts. Here are some tips:
- Make a plan: Don’t just spread out all your textbooks and cry in the middle of them. Break up your studying so that it’s less intimidating. Take it one subject at a time.
- Take a lot of breaks: Six-hour study marathons are a terrible idea (coming from a girl who’s tried it!). Try to focus for a couple of hours, and then go do something (work out, make dinner, hang out with a friend) so you don’t go insane.
- Sleep: Take a nap or at least try to get some sleep the night before an exam. Those extra hours of studying aren’t worth feeling groggy during your test.
- Reward yourself: Do something nice for yourself this week. Paint your nails, take a bath, buy yourself a coffee, give yourself a small incentive to keep working hard!
- Socialize: Talking with other people (especially students who feel your pain) will take your mind off your stress and give you a mental break.
Those are my top five tips for today! I hope you find them useful, and good luck studying! 🙂
Thanks for reading!